Ubuntu is a free and open source operating system. It is one of the many variants of linux like fedora, debian, redhat open suse etc. Ubuntu is known as an user friendly OS. Ubuntu is also mostly (although not completely) virus free and has advanced built-in security.
In this article I am going to tell you how to install ubuntu on your PC.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- A computer with windows pre-installed.
- An image(ISO) file of Ubuntu which can be downloaded from here. You must download ubuntu according to your computer's architecture(32bit or 64 bit).
- A DVD or pendrive (USB drive) .
INSTALLING FROM A DVD:
- After you have downloaded the image file double click on that and a window will show up.
- Click burn and you after the process is finished we will begin the installation.
INSTALLING FROM PEN DRIVE:
- First you need to download USB installer to prepare your installation and you can get it from here .
- After you have downloaded it double click to open it.
- Now you need to select the version of ubuntu from the drop down list
- Then click on browse and go to the locaton of the image file of ubuntu.
- Now select the drive letter of your pendrive.
- Restart your computer and change your boot order in BIOS settings. Pressing F2 or F12 or F10 ( varies with manufacture) when the boot logo ( Maanufacturer name) appears will take you into the BIOS menu.
- Make sure your pendrive or DVD is inserted in the computer.
- Now ubuntu starts on your PC. You can try it out or choose to install it .
- When the installation starts you will be asked to select the language .
Select your language and click continue.
- Select install ubuntu alonside windows and click continue.
- Adjust the slider according to the space you wish to allocate to ubuntu and click install now.
- The installation begins.
- Select your closest location and click continue.
- Select your keyboard layout and click continue.
- Type your user name and password and click continue.
- After the installation is completed the installation complete window appears.
- Click restart now and you have computer with windows and ubuntu installed.Congratulations!